Pages

Friday 25 August 2017

Poetry Writing about myself



Identify who you are - I am a Half Tongan and Half Cook Island. I have 4 parents. My family are nice and respectful for who I am and also proud. I have a grandma and a grandpa. My grandma had 10 kids and they became as my Aunties.
What makes you proud to be who you are?
  • By helping my family to make sure if they need help
  • By doing the right thing even when no one is looking
What decisions did your tupuna (ancestors) make to make you the person you are?

Paint a picture of the past using your five senses:  e.g. hearing the beat of drums or the scraping the coconut with the hakalo (Tongan tool for coconut scraping).
Seeing/Viewing - Mangaia was a place where everything had started.
Feeling - I was born in a interesting place where it made me felt happy  
Tasting - A taste of sweetness and colour fruits from trees like a palm tree.
Smelling - Like a parade with lots of different types of foods and chanting.

Feeling the weight of the water as the paddle moves through it - as your ancestors make their way to a new land...
Look into your future - where will you be, and will your ancestors be happy you are there? What do your ancestors mean to you as you move into your own pathway?

This is a document of my Poetry Writing. What I have put up is about me telling me who I am and what makes me proud?. On the what makes me proud section, I have put up the things that make me proud by helping my family to make sure if they need help and also by doing the right thing even when no one is looking

What found me challenging is that I didn't know who I am from when I was born because I was a Half cook island and Half Tongan and also I didn't know my name but now I know that who I am and also I know what culture I am.

That is all for today and I hope you enjoyed this blog post
Please leave commetns on my blog
Many Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment